ABC/BOSS™ Features & Benefits
Features & Benefits (Subject to change without notice)
- Warehouse inventory is kept in “case” lots, while store level inventories are kept in bottle lots.
- Receipts from state’s central warehouse are automatically passed to Accounts Payable for check writing.
- Inquiry functions allow the viewing of warehouse and store level activity on the screen in spreadsheet fashion. (Up to 10 stores may be viewed simultaneously.)
- Store sales may be keyed in manually or polled via communications system and modem.
- Quarterly price changes may be retrieved directly from the CDS web site, via diskette from the state office or they may be keyed in manually.
- Sales data for NABCA is generated electronically and can be transferred to diskette or transmitted by modem.
- End-of-month store reports may be polled via communications system and modem and compared with the computer’s on-hand figures to generate a variance report.
- Price changes may be posted in advance of the effective date.
- Receipts from Jones Warehouse may be keyed in manually or loaded via diskette.
- Total bottle sales by code number are maintained for the preceding 13 months.
- Minimum and maximum levels, by code number, may be set for both the warehouse and stores to automate ordering.
- Separate warehouse and individual store inventories are tied to one master file.
Daily activities include:
- Receipts from the state’s central warehouse
- Transfers from warehouse to stores
- Store sales and bank deposits
- Adjustments (breakage, vendor claims, store-to-store transfers)